Pajaro Valley Unified School District (PVUSD) provides Early Childhood Education (ECE) Services in a variety of departments across the district. On this website you will find detailed information on state funded child developmen programs and links to services in other departments.
The Child Development/Early Childhood Education Department's goal is to provide services that support young children's school readiness and match family needs. All Early Care and Education Services align with PVUSD District Goals.
We are proud to provide over 52% of Infant Toddler Services in the County, as well as provide 61% of Preschool Age full day and part day services in Santa Cruz County.
Pajaro Valley USD Early Care and Education Programs
Early Childhood Education Department Programs
Child Development Division ( State Funded Programs )
- State Preschool - Part day program for 3 & 4 year olds at locations across the community. Available at little or no cost for income qualifing familes. Available for non income qualifying children as fee for service.
- State Preschool - Full Day program for 3 & 4 year old children to families who work and qualify by income. Full pay available.
- State Migrant Childcare - Located on the Buena Vista labor camp, childcare servcies to camp residents and commuity agricultural workers for children from 3 months through Kindergarten.
- Family Childcare Home Services. Contracted quality family childcare homes provide early care and education under monitoring and funding subsidy from child development contracts.
- Cal-SAFE Pregant and Parenting Teens Support : Needs assessment, referral and support for preganant and parenting students in any PVUSD academic program in the district. Childcare provided for parenting teens.
- Raising a Reader Family literacy book bag program serving over 4,000 young children each year in Santa Cruz and Monterey Counties.
Migrant Seasonal Head Start (Federally Funded)
- Comprehensive family services and full day childcare to infants, toddlers, preschoolers of migrant families wroking in agriculture. Services are provided in both center based and family childcare homes.
Programs for young children in other PVUSD Departments (See PVUSD Website / Departments for contact information)
- Migrant Education School Readiness
- Migrant Education Summer Academy
Adult Education /Parent Education Programs
- Watsonville Cooperative Preschool
Special Education Services